A new year, a new plan – and I always look back as well as forward, so before I started writing my plan for 2016, I checked back to see what I said I'd do in 2015:
- Finishing the Nightmares Trilogy with the publication of Afterlife of Alanna Miller on 15th January
- Publishing books 4 and 5 of the Mel Goes to Hell series on 1st February and 26 March, respectively.
- Writing book 6 of the Mel Goes to Hell series before the end of 2015.
- Finishing and publishing the rest of the Turbulence and Triumph series in 2015.
- Writing and publishing Ocean’s Depths, the third book in the Ocean’s Gift series, in 2015.
- Writing Ocean’s Legend, the fourth book in the Ocean’s Gift series, in 2015.
- Start and publish the first three books of a new, mystery project I’m working on. I’ll reveal more details on this as they come available.
- Write another 400,000 words in 2015.
- Attend RWDU15 in March and NOT hide under the table.
- Double that 50,000 books to 100,000 by the end of 2015.
So…what did I do?
The Nightmares Trilogy is complete – Afterlife released in January.
The Mel Goes to Hell series did get those two new books published – but #6 isn't finished yet.
The Turbulence and Triumph series got FOUR new books…but it's not finished yet, so Ocean's Depths and Ocean's Legend will have to wait for another year.
My new mystery project…was the Romance Island Resort series. Book 3, The Rock Star's Virginity, released on 3rd December.
My word count for the year is just under 300,000 words. Not as high as I'd planned, but I'm happy with the count as it stands.
I met so many awesome authors and readers at RWDU 15 that I agreed to go back in 2016.
Oh…that 50k figure. It's funny – I actually hit the 100k target at the end of January 2015. Based on my December figures, I've now sold over 300,000 books – which means I've sold over a quarter of a million books in 2015. You could say it's been a good year 😀
In addition, I won an award – Maid for the Rock Star won a Watty Award from Wattpad.
Some of you may know that I spent time in hospital in 2015 – and my recovery's been slow. However, I'm lucky to be alive and I'm very grateful for that. I'm happy to be able to add that I survived 2015 as one of my achievements for the year.
Okay, actually, it's been an awesome year. And 2016 looks to be even better.
Want to know what I have planned for 2016?
- Finish the Romance Island Resort series.
- Finish the Mel Goes to Hell series.
- Finish the Turbulence and Triumph series.
- Release some of my titles as audiobooks.
- Write another 300,000 words.
- Sell another 300,000 books.
It's a shorter list than the one for 2015, but it's no less ambitious – my writing and publishing schedule has ten new books on it for 2016.
I couldn't have achieved half of what I have this year without your help – my fellow authors, readers, bloggers and reviewers – so a big THANK YOU to all of you for all your help with everything throughout the year.
I'd really like to ask for your help in 2016, too – because I won't reach all of my goals without it.
- Spread the word. If you enjoyed my books, or a new one caught your eye and your interest, tell someone about it. Hell – post about it on Facebook or Twitter, and tell everyone.
- Leave a review. If you liked a book, leave a quick review. It doesn't have to be an essay on the finer points of the book – just a star rating and a (non-spoiler) description of your favourite bit of the book.
- Encourage me to continue. Every time I see a new review or email or post about how someone liked my book, it's encouragement to write the next book, because I know someone's eagerly awaiting it.
Thank you again…and I hope your 2016 shapes up to be even better than 2015.